About Me

My photo
Drifting through life...

Friday 10 February 2012

Deep Freeze

The delayed winter has finally graced us with its presence and it looks like as if it is here to stay! This morning I woke up to my Dad ringing from his work warning me to be careful when I leave the house because these was black ice on both roads and pavements. I should have had paid a bit more heed to his advice...


Stepping out of my house this morning to go to the Doctor's resulted in me doing a little dance with death on the black ice and then falling flat on my backside. A lovely lady who was walking by stopped to help me (she probably had a giggle about it later with her friends but I appreciated the gesture). Deciding that the world was against me, I crawled back into the house, called the Doc's to say I wanted to cancel my appointment and then I crawled back into my bed to block out the cold.

I ventured back outside at 3pm to go into town and was amazed at how frozen my car was!

I went shopping for some delayed birthday, wedding AND Christmas presents (needless to say that I was very broke at the end of the shopping trip). I love shopping for presents and today was an extra special day because Mummy N passed one of her first exams, so the sister and I decided we should spoil her.


We treated our mum to some pink roses that were doused in glitter. Flowers are always a great idea for presents because there are different kinds to suit ANY occasion, and they last for such a long time basking you in their glorious fragrance.  Our living room smells heavenly! 


We also got some lovely 'little' cakes to celebrate in style. I mean, how can anyone have any type of celebration without cakes?

How are you surviving the deep freeze?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your floaty thoughts here as you drift through...