About Me

My photo
Drifting through life...

Sunday 25 March 2012

Hunger Games Nail Art

Everyone has been raving about 'Hunger Games'. The film buffs can't get enough of the movie, the literature geeks can't stop raving about the books, and the blogasphere can't get enough of the nails!

I watched a video by Cute Polish that showed step by step how to get the nail art on Effie Trinket. It is such a simple tutorial and you don't need any materials that you won't have lying around the house.

This is my attempt. Bare in mind that it is past 3am so they aren't as good as they could be.


I used my MaxDactor 'Deep Plum' polish for the base.

I used one of my mini Nail Inc gold glitter nail varnishes for the special star dust effect.

I used the Rimmel 60 seconds clear nail varnish to coat the top.


What nail art are you currently into?


2 comments:

  1. LOVE these. I've never considered using glitter to build up the nail! Need to do this! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fab idea and I coated it loads with clear nail varnish so it hasn't chipped yet :)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Saw your sale blog post. It's a great idea for those items you don't use anymore!

      www.lifeslittlestars.blogspot.com

      Delete

Leave your floaty thoughts here as you drift through...